Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lovely weather we're having...

Lovely indeed. Zero sarcasm. I swear.

Remember the days of 35F degree weather with freezing driplets attacking your face as you're trying to make it into the safe haven of a local Starbucks, or finally the lobby of the office building? Me neither!

It's May! Finally. I have been waiting for you for so long. The warm droplets of water from the sky do not phase me, as the temperature is still above 60F. I even purposefully forgot my umbrella and was left to fend for myself in my new raincoat (Purchased just for this exact occasion).

Sometimes I wish I lived in Northern California where it is Spring year- round. But then I remember that it is only a flight and a few hundred dollars away. I am truly an all four seasons person. Most of all, unsurprisingly, I adore Spring.

How can you not? Look at all the greens and pinks, yellows and purples all around you. Even the shoes, the shirts, the outfits and the umbrellas start to reflect some color.

A black silhouette, the unmistakable New York uniform, caves in. Perhaps it gets its inspiration from the lonely (from the winter cold) gray benches now sprinkled with pink hues of cherry blossom. The dampness of the rain makes the contrast even more vibrant.

Welcome May! New York City needs you; and I have truly missed you.

2 comments:

  1. Very colorful description Dostoevsky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want summer to get here already so I can stop bitching about the cold and start bitching about the heat :)

    ReplyDelete