Monday, March 21, 2011

Spiderman here I come!

Waterfall rappeling should not be confused with bug repelling. The former is an activity for humans. The latter, well actually it is also an activity for humans but it is less fun. It can be fun for the bugs as they are rappelling down the human body. Down and up in some cases. But enough about that.

Waterfall rappeling is like doing half of mountain climbing. You are conveniently driven to the very top of the first waterfall (the were five declines total: 4 waterfalls and 1 dry wall). And then you just swoosh down.

The best part was being mostly in control of your body and your speed. So theoratically you can get as wet or as dry as you wish. So I chose to be very wet on the front and very wet on the back, with just a small dry spot on my behind. Seriously that was done on purpose as I tried to look cool and look like I know what I'm doing--spreading my legs apart exactly as I was told (imagine spiderwoman), holding my right hand, my control hand, just below my hip a few inches away from it.

I have a sneaky suspicion, however, that I had absolutely no control after all, as the spotters from the top and the bottom would not let me try out my spiderman jumps. Imagine, this could have been my audition video to the Spiderman musical on Broadway. There must be a good reason why they're postponing the show -- they are waiting for me!

The word of the day was:
Прикопчать = прикрепить
:)))

No comments:

Post a Comment