Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Let’s all go to Iceland! 8/365

You may have noticed certain advertisements on the subway that mention 5 hour trips, London, over 20 destinations in Europe and no additional airfare. The heart of the ad is pitching Iceland as a stopover. Really?!

A Hawaii stopover on the way to Australia, I can understand. Although I'm sure many will disagree. But Iceland? A stopover? It’s at least a little sad isn’t it? Does it really only take just a few hours to discover and explore the best parts of the country?

From the advertiser’s perspective they have caught my attention. I remembered about Iceland. I will probably remember not to ignore Iceland Air if it comes up as one of the options for my next trip to Europe. The only problem is that I will only be looking to see if there are not too many hours for the stopover not to interfere with the main attraction, be it Paris, Berlin, Prague or Budapest. Iceland has been sold short by IcelandAir.

I have faith that there is so much to explore about the culture, the people and especially the food of this one-of-a-kind country. I would love to go to Iceland. I can only imagine the liveliness of Reykjavík, the brilliant colors of the aurora in the sky, the beautiful country landscape, the awe of boiling mud pools, glaciers, waterfalls and whale watching. Let’s all go!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't the country go bankrupt a few years back?
    I love that most of the adds feature half naked girls in skimpy bikinis, explore the possibilities.........

    ReplyDelete